[Uml-devel] What's next?

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Jan 22 15:34:04 UTC 2003

> I see the KDE CVS version as the 1.2 branch.  You can't put a programme in
> KDE CVS then not maintain it.

that would seem right to me as well, but then we have to decide what's allowed
in 1.2 and what's not...  KDE 3.2 is probably 3 or 4 months away and you want
Umbrello to be stable and bug free by then.
I would suggest getting 1.X to into KDE with two branches 1.1_BRANCH and 1.2
1.1_BRANCH gets *only* bug fixes.
1.2 is synced with 1.1_BRANCH to get the bug fixes in there as well, but new
features are also allowed.
when KDE 3.2 is closer we can decide if we tag 1.1_BRANCH as 1.1.1 and release
it, or if we let 1.2 go with KDE

The KDE guys do more or less the same thing: After releasing 3.1 they always
open a 3.1_BRANCH for bug fixes only, in case they need to do a 3.1.1 later
on

> Once it's in KDE, the sourceforge CVS can be mucked up as much as is
> wanted :)

so you mean really *moving* the repository to KDE's servers? or just getting
it into their release? (like quanta, or KDevelop)
Of course if we move the repository we could drop the files from SF and start
clean for 2.0 (since there would not be much code shared this would not be a
big problem) but then you have to *really* make sure that you import the
repository into KDE CVS and not only the current version (you want to still
have the history, even if its in a different server)

luis