[Uml-devel] What's next?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 20 23:27:05 UTC 2003

Hi all,

on Monday 20 January 2003 22:18, Sebastian Stein wrote:

> Andrew Sutton <ansutton at kent.edu> [030120 22:12]:
> > i agree, but i don't know how either. i'm not even on the sf developer
> > list :) that reminds me. i have to create a new account.
>
> Yes, this is a very good idea ;-)
>
> > > Let's see what you are thinking!
> >
> > postpone the 1.2 branch for a couple weeks to see what feedback comes in
> > from 1.1 - there may be a significant amount if we make it into the next
> > major kde release.
>
> Yes, this would be a good solution!
>
> > i have about 8000 lines of code to contribute to 2.0 :) its all
> > reflection and MOF.
>
> Cool, so let's see how to start a new branch. I'm not sure if this has to
> be added to all files. Well, I most cases a new branch is on the old files,
> but in our case we are going to replace most of the files completely.

Just my $0.02: Mark the current state (the one that makes up release 1.1) with
a release tag (cvs tag xxxxx) and continue to work on the main branch with
version 2.0.  Whenever you feel you have a need for a branch off of the
current release 1.1 you can create a branch then and add fixed to it. More
information on this topic with a few examples can be found in the KMyMoney2
project handbook at

    http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/phb/index.html

- --

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

home: thb at net-bembel.de              WWW: http://www.net-bembel.de/
Check the KMyMoney2 open source project at http://kmymoney2.sf.net/

public key available at http//www.keyserver.net under thb at net-bembel.de
GPG-FP:  E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
A crash turns an expensive computer into a simple stone!