[Uml-devel] ideas for 2.0

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 18 06:43:02 UTC 2003

Andrew Sutton wrote:

>[...] here's a good question: what if the modeler didn't have to do ANY work making
>the diagrams. [...]
But one strength of charting UML diagrams for documentation or design
communication is exactly because you can show only the relevant parts of
some code. Especially with patterns, you'd like to show only the
classes/relations which are related to that particular pattern, not all
associations.
I too think what you describe can be our ultimate goal, but the
auto-charting is more for reverse engineering, and active diagramming
for proper design documentation. both modes should be well supported.

--Pascal