[Uml-devel] Translation HowTo

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Thu Jan 16 12:58:03 UTC 2003

BARTKO, Zoltan <bartko.zoltan at pobox.sk> [030116 20:28]:
> Sebastian/the competent:

No, Sebastian the spammer :-(

> Do I cause you great troubles, if I ignore the existence of KBabel when
> translating the docs and use only Kate (the K advanced text editor - do
> not
> try to mess me up with sexual harrassment!)?
>
> I must tell you, I like to see text as text on the screen (this is my
> private perversion) and since I have the documentation almost ready (one
> .docbook file missing yet + checking the whole), I would appreciate it, if
> you gave me an exception for this time... :-)

Well, KBabel is a great help, because it shows you what strings are left to
translate, which strings got updated and so on. And I don't know if for your
translation it is important to have special keys. In German we have the
umlauts. They have a strange mapping in the docbook files. So it is easier
to use KBabel, because it does hide such problems from the user.

But if you could handle all these problems with a normal text editor, just
do it. KBabel is just a help but not a need!

Steinchen
[it's better than Sebastian, because Sebastian is very often used in
Germany]
--
Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation