[Uml-devel] Version 2.0

Roland Gauweiler roland at roentgen13.de
Mon Jan 13 08:33:09 UTC 2003

> > if you make a redesign, it would be fine to make it in a MVC-Concept.
> > This will made all easier.
>
> it already is slated to be model-view-controller. i'm writing the code for
> the data model right now. i haven't touched any of the GUI stuff. that's
> going to be hard.

Please don't forget: This is the problem I see in Umbrello:
The coupling between GUI and Controlling. You will get a better design by
using command objects. And - undo .
Ok, you need some more classes. But also a good uncoupling and modular code.

And if you design it with Umbrello, you will get some good ideas for the GUI
(and the need for).

Roland