[Uml-devel] Fonts and Zooming

Mathias Meyer mailings at beatsteaks.de
Thu Feb 20 01:58:09 UTC 2003

On Thursday 20 February 2003 02:02 P. Fleury wrote:

> He did not blame, but encourage :-)

Exactly ;)
Zooming is definitely a nice feature, but it has to be usable of course.
One could blame Qt maybe for not providing a neat feature for really
smooth zooming in QWMatrix ;)

> Also, the last time I compiled from CVS (3-4 days ago), a sequence of
> actions with the zoom-in could not be exactly undone by the same number
> of zoom-out. The result is that you have to go to the menu to set it to
> 100% again. I think it is a rounding issue, but it occurs already with
> sequences of ... 1 zoom-out and then zoom-in :-)

Confirmed here. If you zoom out one step, it zooms to 66% and if you zoom
back in, it suddenly zooms to 97%.

> Being a CVS, I did not go through the bugs.kde.org stuff...

Anyway, no such bug has been reported, as it turns out. I just took a
look. A lot of wishes on the bug list, though ;)

Best regards,
Mathias
--
"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds