[Uml-devel] debugging umbrello

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Feb 18 14:40:16 UTC 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 20:56, Luis De la Parra Blum wrote:
> no, I havent. I'll do that and then let you know,

I have some interesting news... the debugger in KDevelop (2.1) suddenly
decided to start working again. I was trying it once more to take note of the
error messages before sending the mail to kde-devel, and it just started
working...  I could almos swear I had tried *exactly* all this a dozen times,
but for some reason it didnt work before....

here is what I did.

open KDevelop (2.1 series)
select "project->generate project file"
select the kdesdk directory  (NOT the umbrello directory)
OK

this will put a kdesdk.kdevprj in your dir..
then go to the project options an change some of the settings:
* in Make Options: set "run make in" to "umbrello/"

*in "Binary" set the path and file name of the executable to
"umbrello/umbrello/umbrello"

and that's it.
so right now I am working on Kate or Gideon, and when I need to debug
something I just open the project in KDevelop, set my breakpoints and let it
run. It might not be the best debugger, but I find it very easy to use.

Gideon has also a debugger, but as far as I can tell it's just a console for
gdb ... seems like  they havent ported the front end to gideon's architecture
yet (parts)

luis