[Uml-devel] Improved line-object handling in Umbrello

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 13:31:02 UTC 2003

mike wakerly <mike at wakerly.com> [030212 22:05]:
> actually, i never closed umbrello until after i wrote that e-mail. i guess i
> am in for a surprise when i re-open my project, hehe.

Well, now you are mentally prepared ;-)

> i think you're absolutely right; it would be a huge change. i just took a very

Well, Carsten Pfeiffer found out, that the positions are saved to the xmi
file, but that they are not loaded correctly. So I added this as an bug
report and before the next release it should be fixed.

> quick look at some of the classes and it's pretty obvious it would take me a
> long time to do. plus other objects might need some modification, too.
>
> (for instance, in 'dia' for gnome, boundary boxes on objects have anchor
> points where lines will snap to... but nowhere else. i remember this solution
> worked well, so long as you only wanted your line to stick to one of 4 or 6
> places on the object. really you should be able to anchor your line anywhere
> along the object's edge, not the square mask...)

Yes, I agree that it would be better to move the points along the object
where I want them.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/