[Uml-devel] kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Feb 12 11:24:02 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 07:36, Andrew Sutton wrote:

> > I'm not sure tabs are a good general-purpose solution to the problem of
> > multiple documents.  If you have more than a few diagrams, or their names
> > are slightly long, the tabs do not fit.  Also, from a usability point of
> > view, vertical lists are easier to scan than horizontal lists.  I would

I also think that another "Diagrams" folder in the tree view would be
enough...  and I agree with Nathaniel in that tabs can be anoying when you
have too many or the names are too long.

> not that this is an answer for the present, but there are some diagram
> navigation issues that i'd like to explore for 2.0. there's this idea that
> one can navigate from an element in a diagram to diagrams associated with
> that element - e.g., state chart diagrams for a class, sequence diagrams
> for a method of a class. stuff like that.

yes. I've also read a bit about it and I think it's great. we should go for
it.

> for 2.0, it might be worthwhile to eliminate diagrams from the tree view. a
> context menu on the element in the tree view might list the possible
> diagrams in which the element participates.

NO. having the navigation from diagram to diagram would be great but i still
want to be able to select the diagrams individuall from the tree view / view
menu or some place similar

luis