[Uml-devel] Improved line-object handling in Umbrello

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Feb 12 04:28:01 UTC 2003

mike wakerly <mike at wakerly.com> [030212 12:46]:
> However, I have just one complaint, and after only a few hours of use, it is
> turning in to a big one: line segments. The way in which line segments are
> handled is often extremely frustrating.
> I am by no means an old hat with diagramming, but I would hope this
> improvement is seen as a necessary improvement in diagramming mode. I'd like
> to know if there is any work going on presently on improving the line
> object..

I think you forgot to mention another thing. Line position isn't saved and
you have to reorder them after each load. I allready tried to improve the
code, but I think it is impossible. Because at the moment the line decides
where it connects to an object and not the object decides where the lines
are connected. So the whole thing is done in the wrong direction.

So I really see the need for a massive improvement of the line handling code
as well, but at the moment I don't know how to do it without breaking much
of the code.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954