[Uml-devel] news on 2.crap

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Feb 8 07:07:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [030208 15:37]:
> > 1) Make a new module in sourceforge CVS and put Andrew's code there
> > or
> > 2) Branch the KDE CVS and put it there as Luis says above.
> >
> > I'm happy with either, but tend towards the first for some reason, seems
> > simpler.
>
> I also like 1 more, because it is easier to maintain and build an app from
> sf CVS. I wasn't able to update my system to KDE 3.1 till today and so I
> can't join development again. A version at sf would maybe be easier for most
> people who just want to experiment a little bit with the code and who are
> not KDE CVS gurus...
>
> But I don't like to start a new project at sf, just commit it to the current
> CVS of project uml. Or what does module mean?

When you check out the code you do
cvs co uml

uml is the name of the module.  You can have many different modules in one
CVS repository.  So we'd end up with people doing
cvs co umbrello2

It would mean we'd keep the current CVS history.  A module makes more
sence than a branch because Andrew's code isn't a branch of the current.