[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Mon Dec 22 23:23:01 UTC 2003

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [031223 08:03]:
> > But then it isn't a name. In this case it is just a description so the
> > commit by Stephan is right.
>
> Names get translated all the time!  How many different spelling are
> there for Cologne/Koln/Koeln? It happens with people's names as well,
> in Scotland Gaelic speakers often have a Gael version of their name and an
> Anglisised version of their name.

But that are no translations. Those different terms for one thing have an
historic background. They may come from former times, when not all people
were able to write. They just spoke the names how they understood them and
later they were written down. But we don't have this case today, we can fix
the name of the program, we just have to decide which one is the name. And
no, if I move over to another country and get a new ID card, my name won't
be translated.

Nevertheless, this doesn't bring us very far. As I said before I don't mind
if it is a part of the name or if it is an addition. I just liked to give
some arguments, if they do not help, sorry.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug Reports     : http://bugs.kde.org/
CVS             : kdesdk/umbrello on cvs.kde.org:/home/kde