Codegeneration patch, take '2' (Was: Re: [Uml-devel] Codegeneration patch.. updated)

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Aug 26 05:22:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 02:02:31AM -0400, Brian Thomas wrote:
> 	After a fun-filled evening where I tried to completely install afresh
> 	the patch, I have now encountered most of the issues seen by the
> 	rest of you. I believe the makefile changes *may* result in the problems
> 	with the compiling (first encountered with the codegenerator.moc.cpp
> 	file). Furthermore, the library problem is caused in part by an infinite loop
> 	in uml.cpp, whereby if the code gen library isnt found, it will simply plow
> 	ahead anyways, and this results in a core dump/crash. The fix isnt optimal,
> 	but if you keep clicking now, you can get the tool to run (Ill try to implement
> 	a better fix later; I just want it to run from a new user config without problems
> 	right now).

Thanks very much for doing that Brian.  The patch now applies and
compiles almost cleanly.

I like what I see, but it obviously still need a lot of work.  It
crashes when adding classes (need to do it through the tree view) and
I couldn't get it to actually generate any code.

The formatting options is looking good as is the language options.
The Class->View Code is groovy, nice highlighting and all.

Now KDE has a feature freeze on September 1st.  So I'm curious to know
Brian if you think we could put this stuff in CVS and then you/we
would be able to make it useable by KDE release in Decembre.
Otherwise it means either a code branch or waiting for KDE 3.3 or KDE
4.

How easy/difficult is it to update the existing code generators?

Is there anything else you'd like me to comment on?