[Uml-devel] Getting code more stable

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Apr 30 15:50:08 UTC 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Sebastian Stein wrote:

> In the last weeks the code base of Umbrello (1.x) became very unstable. I
> wasn't able to dig into these problems, but we see a lot of bug reports even
> for the "stable" 1.1.1 version. What do you think about stopping new
> features and fixing some bugs? I mean people like Thomas said they won't go
> on development (of the code generators) at the moment, because the code is
> just to unstable.

I'd definatly like to see more of a focus on fixing bugs.  I've not been
able to do much work on coding recently because of writing my
dissertation, with that out the way I can hope that more will happen.

I don't see any reason why Brian T shouldn't work on code export since
that's not got much to do with the diagramming side which I think is where
the beasties are.

> On my machine Umbrello crashes every time I close it.

Have you reported this as a bug?

> Maybe we should throw out the plugin stuff. Do we really need it at the
> moment?

As in Luis' code?  I don't think it touches anything that compiles by
default just now.

> What do you think about it? I know KDE feature freeze didn't started yet,
> but at the moment the code is like a Linux kernel with broken IDE support

Maybe not a strict freeze (if someone codes a feature we'll take it) but a
focus on bug fixing would be good.  KDE will provide for feature freeze
time yet.  And I'd like any work on code import/export to happen as
normal.