[Uml-devel] Getting code more stable

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Apr 30 14:53:01 UTC 2003

In the last weeks the code base of Umbrello (1.x) became very unstable. I
wasn't able to dig into these problems, but we see a lot of bug reports even
for the "stable" 1.1.1 version. What do you think about stopping new
features and fixing some bugs? I mean people like Thomas said they won't go
on development (of the code generators) at the moment, because the code is
just to unstable. On my maschine Umbrello crashes every time I close it.

Maybe we should throw out the plugin stuff. Do we really need it at the
moment?

Ok, I see Carsten allready started fixing the stability issue, I think this
would be the way to go.

What do you think about it? I know KDE feature freeze didn't started yet,
but at the moment the code is like a Linux kernel with broken IDE support
;-)

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/