[Uml-devel] u2 gui design

Andrew Sutton asutton at mcs.kent.edu
Thu Apr 24 08:57:09 UTC 2003

On Thursday 24 April 2003 11:50 am, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Andrew Sutton <asutton at mcs.kent.edu> [030424 17:45]:
> > > It doesn't compile, I get a lot of linker errors. I wasn't able to
> > > figure out why and well, I think I have to get some sleep :-)
> >
> > just a thought. i've seen people #include the .moc.cpp file inside the
> > .cpp file. is that supposed to happen? is it required? it seems that it
> > would certainly force compilation and linkage. that might not be such a
> > bad idea :)
>
> As far as I can say it is just to speed up compilation. So we could try
> this, but normally it should work without as well. I also tested the
> admin/am_edit script, normally this helped. I also made a diskclean (of the
> umbrello2 KDE/Qt subdir), but nothing works. Did I said that I really don't
> like the whole autoconf/build stuff? :-]

carsten says it should work without having to do that. i've had some problems
with it but recently not too many.

yeah... i'm trying to force-add kparts to the required libraries of
libumbrello2 and it's just not picking it up. i'm going to go insane. oh
well... all in good fun.

i've basically decided to rewrite the plugin stuff to use KParts::Plugin. it's
pretty lightweight so it should be fine. instead of having Umbrello::Plugin
derive from QObject, it derives from KParts::Plugin (which is why i'm trying
ot link the damn library). arg!!! because of how kparts are loaded, i'm going
to have to reconsider the plugin protocol. it should actually be alot simpler
now. of course, i'll have to make some considerations on gui vs. non-gui
apps. we don't want to load ui stuff if there's no UI :)

andy