[Uml-devel] codegenerators

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Mon Apr 14 01:14:13 UTC 2003

Luis De la Parra Blum <lparrab at gmx.net> [030413 22:38]:
> > Of course this would be better, but it is hard to do. So maybe first try
> > the easy solution and than get into more complex things.
>
> I dont think this is as hard to do as you might think...  the only trick
> is that - - for it to work reliable-- you have to know what was the last
> code you generated, so that you can compare the changes made outside
> umbrello, with the changes made inside umbrello against the last generated
> file.
>
> I think we could get around this by saving the generated code in the
> umbrello file.

No, this wouldn't be better as my solution. If you really want cool round
trip engineering, it must be possible to change modell (in Umbrello) and
code (in external editor or whatever) in the same time. If you do
reengineering, the user has to decide how to solve conflicts.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/