[Uml-devel] Re: karbon14 and uml

Lenny kudling at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 06:41:22 UTC 2003

Hi again,

> > i'm kind of curious how integration might occur. it seems straightforward
> > that we'd be required to link against the core library - if its a
> > library.
>
> Its not :}
> I am CCing to Lenny, who did most of the core work (paths/visitors/document

As far as i understand you are especially looking for rendering vector
graphics. In this case i would redirect you back to Rob. :)

> dom). IIRC there was talks of sharing these path routines and putting them
> in a lib. Only problem I see would be its closely tied to a painter

 What i had in mind was a real core library containing all the real core
math/algortihm stuff (creating path shapes, fitting/approximation,
transformations, boolean operations) without any dependencies to kde/qt so
that all the vector apps out there don't need to reinvent the complicated but
fun stuff again and again anymore.
We nearly have this situation in karbon14, rendering and loading/saving are
"external" operations. The real path-engine is not dependant on this.

But i don't think that you are looking for that alone?

Bye
Lenny, who doesn't really know the aim.