[Uml-devel] refactor icons

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Fri Apr 4 19:04:04 UTC 2003

On Friday 04 April 2003 5:02 pm, BARTKO, Zoltan wrote:
> I do declare I am a chatterbox and a lame person...
>
> I am sorry, I have not done anything that could be used, except for a few
> icons, like class and various types of associations. So if anyone has more
> time than I do/is faster than I am, he/she may go ahead and present the
> icons to the public.
>
> One more thing:
> do we have any favourite color we would like to use for the icons?
> CrystalSVG is full of blue. Shall we follow that scheme? Or should be
> yellow and red, as are the default colors in the diagrams? (I tend to use
> these in the icons, even though in private life I prefer blue).
>
> Any ideas/comments?

yes. idea! we should talk to some of the ide folks and see what they're doing
for development icons. it might be worthwhile to start working on a set of
standard icons to represent common things that would appear in code and
design. if we harmonize with kdevelop or some other folks, the metaphors
would persist across apps - and that's good.

also, follow the crystal guidelines - shadows and alphas and what not. we
should try for as good as possible.

andy