[Uml-devel] What is Refactor good for in u1?

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Thu Apr 3 12:03:43 UTC 2003

Luis De la Parra Blum <lparrab at gmx.net> [030403 21:47]:
> if you have a class hierarchy ( a class with super and subclasses ) you can
> right click on it and select the refactoring assistant.. then you can move
> attributes and operation from one class to another, later you'll be able to
> rename them / edit them and you can also add sub/super classes.
> this is called refactoring, and the refactoring assistant... well.. assists
> you do refactor =)

Huh, isn't that the thing I normally modell in a class diagram?

> you can leave it like that.. I've seen the term "refactoring" used in german
> literature as well.

Mmh, I will try to find out a good translation and if the English term is
better I will leave it. But I think it is better to have a German
translation so that people not very familar to English haven't to learn to
much to just understand the app.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/