[Uml-devel] What is Refactor good for in u1?

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Apr 3 11:31:32 UTC 2003

On Thursday 03 April 2003 21:05, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> I'm currently mergeing the German translation... I noticed the new Refactor
> window. What is it used for? Is it just another way to get easier to the
> operation/attributes of a class?

no.

if you have a class hierarchy ( a class with super and subclasses ) you can
right click on it and select the refactoring assistant.. then you can move
attributes and operation from one class to another, later you'll be able to
rename them / edit them and you can also add sub/super classes.
this is called refactoring, and the refactoring assistant... well.. assists
you do refactor =)

>I'm not sure how to translate it.
you can leave it like that.. I've seen the term "refactoring" used in german
literature as well.

luis