[Uml-devel] curiosity

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Thu Sep 19 04:13:01 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 01:57 pm, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > just wondering for the sake of wondering... how closely does this project
> > follow the uml standard - in terms of using the actual interfaces
> > described for uml objects and other fun stuff (like the MOF).
>
> The aim would be to have it follow them exactly.
>
> However chances are that there's plenty of places where it doesn't.
> Certainly I've never looked at the interface definitions (yet, TODO), and
> I doubt if Paul Hensgen scruitinised them too close either.
>
> Do tell us of areas that don't work right and we'll see what can be done.

ah... that's... a bit tough. it looks like you're doing a pretty good job
approximating the behavior of the standards though :) of course, there's a
big difference between approximating and implementing.

actually, all of uml is expressed in xmi. it's a model described by the mof. i
was thinking about this yesterday. if you have something stored in xmi, you
can apply an xslt stylesheet to it to generate the source code. in a lot of
places you can probably generate implementation as well. argoUML does
something like this. i'll have to investigate further if there's any
interest.

andy