[Uml-devel] Wish for redesign

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Mon Oct 28 04:41:03 UTC 2002

Am Montag, 28. Oktober 2002 13:20 schrieb Luis De la Parra:

You are right, it was only an idea to help Sebastian to plan his porting to
the Windows world. I used the Qt version of windows to port another project
from linux to Win32, but it only uses the Qt lib. The free Qt lib for Windows
may used in GPL projects as far as I understood this license.

To write a native Win32 application with Qt you need at this time the VC (this
nice toy), that is true.

> Note that this is not a "native" windows application, but an extra layer to
> run Unix programs on Windows. If this is what you want, then the Umbrello
> "port" should be really easy... the only thing you need to do is to get
> Cygwin and the X Server going.

But I think as Sebastian, we need in the future an implementation of umbrello
which is more separated into the engine and the user interface. There is a
lot of code inside which combine both in one function. That brings a lot of
problem, if you want to do some changes or adds to umbrello now.

>From my point of view all is said to the port of Win32.

Regards

Jens