[Uml-devel] Wish for redesign

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Thu Oct 24 13:29:08 UTC 2002

Luis De la Parra Blum <lparrab at gmx.net> [021024 22:12]:
> Another thing is that--as far as I know-- the free QT version for Windows is
> the 2.x series, and I dont know if there was a QCanvas there (among other
> things).  Altough I think the prices of QT for comerciall versions are not
> too expensive if you want to develop a comerciall application and sell it, I
> will not be purchasing one license to make Umbrello run on Windows, and I
> doubt any of the developers here would... so, unless the 2.x series has
> everything we need for Umbrello, you can forget the idea right away.

Yes, that is the best argument you can give. This will never work. Ok I see,
it was just a thought.

> If the only thing you want to do is run Umbrello on windows, then I think the
> only thing you need is a X server for windows ( I think there are some free
> available) and cgywin(?).  I've never tryied, but I've heard the whole KDE
> can be got to run on windows...
> If you do try to go this way, please keep me informed on how you did it.

On every computer where I can test this I would have a full working Linux
;-) So not at work there is only MS everywhere :-(

http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,
Wanderstaat Mauma, Raumschiff USS Nathan, Enemy Room, MLCAD Tutorial