[Uml-devel] Todo for stable release

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Thu Oct 24 12:17:04 UTC 2002

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [021024 17:47]:
> > I was a little bit surprised when I read that the konquerer does remove the
> > entry after an paste operation. I thought if I cut an element it will be
> > removed from the user interface and after paste I see it again on the new
> > place. The most of application remove the selection if the cut command is
> > executed.
>
> Konqueror only removes cut files after the paste operation.  It breaks
> user interface consistency with everything else except windows explorer,
> but we let them off because files are quite precious.  Everything else
> should be deleted on a cut, that's the meaning of cut.

But most apps having the cut feature also have undo. Umbrello doesn't have
an undo and so I'm not able to undo a cut.  We must do anything to prevent a
dangerous state of the app. And having a cut without the possibility to undo
it back is dangerous.  So please don't say I can paste the object somewhere
else and cut it back, that is an action not known to the common user!

http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,
Wanderstaat Mauma, Raumschiff USS Nathan, Enemy Room, MLCAD Tutorial