[Uml-devel] automake stuff

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Thu Oct 24 10:22:07 UTC 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 13:11, Jens Krüger wrote:
> Yes, I know
> Project->Options->Configure-Setup->Exception or so. I have only a german
> version, so I don't know the english descriptions of the items.

oops. missed that menu. thanks.

i'm once again working on a uml object model. it turns out that
overgeneralizing using templates isn't a great idea because you can't build
specific behavior for stuff. alas. i've decided, instead, to (ab)use the
preprocessor for defining attributes and relationships. there's some macros
for generic declaration and (will be some) that allow overrides to be
declared for all the interface methods. fun stuff.

and - just for fun, all the uml objects are derived from QObject which means
we get signal/slot capabilities (plus exceptions for better error conditions)
and i'm sitting down to work out a meta-object protocol that provides access
to lists of attributes and relationships. should be quite nice. its too bad
there's 106 different classes to write :)

andy