[Uml-devel] automake stuff

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Oct 24 10:08:05 UTC 2002

> just curious... does anybody know how to turn on exceptions for a kde
> application in automake or configure for kdevelop 2.1. it keeps generating my
> makefiles in such a way that compilation fails because i'm using exceptions.

I believe you can add KDE_CXXFLAGS += -fexceptions to the Makefile.am

However qt and kde will probably be compiled without exceptions so you can
only use them from within your code.

You might want to consider using a signals and slots mechanism instead.

Also c++ programmers just generally don't use exceptions very much
(because they're sadists).