[Uml-devel] comments on CodeGen Wizard

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Tue Oct 22 15:52:04 UTC 2002

> 1) the dialog (the window of the wizard) is now *too* long (high) and looks
> kind of funny.... I would suggest making it a little smaller (vertical). The
> old size was fine, or maybe a little taller, but not much.

Yes, it is a bit.

> 2)It seems like the second page is the one causing the dialog to be soooo big,
> so I propose  the following:
> 	a) split this page  into two pages so that it fits in a smaller dialog --OR--

I'm not sure that there's a logical separation in what is in the dialogue.
Everything seems to belong on the one page.

> 	b) revert "Write documentation..." strings to "Force documentation" and
> "Force sections" so that they can fit on one line (and add a tooltip and a
> "what's this" help to explain what those optios mean) --OR/AND--

Well I really didn't understand the old labels and I don't think the user
should have to work out that there's a `what's this' or even a tool
tip.

> 	c) I am not sure if the option to select the language makes much sense
> here... after all thats why we have an "active language". I think a label at
> the top of the dialog "Active language: C++" would be enough.
> If you insist in having this option here, then at least change it to a combo
> box so it takes less space (or put this in a separate page)

I'm not sure that the active language makes much sence, it's just a
configuration option so it should be with the other configuration options
(on codeGenerationOptionsPage).  However the combo box is a good idea,
I'll do that.

Anyone else got any good ideas.

Thanks for keeping an eye on me Luis.