[Uml-devel] Todo for stable release

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Sun Oct 20 14:59:01 UTC 2002

On Sunday 20 October 2002 12:07, Sebastian Stein wrote:

> Ok, I think we will leave this bug for the next major version. It is not
> good to change a big part during a beta phase. Could you please add a bug
> to the tracker and describe the problem very briefly?

I dont really like the idea of letting such a bug just get away like that...
after all, being an open source project we dont have the "pression" to meet a
dead line, and it is said that the philosophy of the open source community is
"it will be released when its ready"

...on the other hand...... if we try to fix this now and get something stable
soon it would have to be a very ugly and dirty hack (and I dont like that
idea either), and if we want to do it the right way we would have to
re-design and re-implement a lot of code, and I do want to see an "official"
release soon... there have been really a lot of improvments since the last
release (1.0.3) and I would like to see this out.
so I would agree in that we will have to leave this bug for the next version.

luis.