[Uml-devel] Mandrake Crash

Jens Krüger jkrueger1 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 20 13:52:02 UTC 2002

Hi Greg,

you reported a bug  #623399 of sf.net, that umbrello crashes if you created a
new diagram.
Please try to compile the newest sources (either as tar.bz2 or from the CVS),
and try them to install. The bug should be fixed.

If you are not able the create the package from the source give me an answer I
would try to build a package for the Mandrake 9.

Regards

Jens

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 01:02 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> > I installed the rpm for version 1.1 on a clean Mandrake 9 (KDE 3).
> > No problems on the install.  I fired it up and immediately proceded
> > to create a new class diagram.  On the left part of the screen it
> > created a text box for the name of the class diagram and a cursor
> > to let me type a name.  When I hit a key it crashed.
>
> How did you create the new class diagram?  Was it though a menu or by
> right clicking on the left hand list view?  When you first start up the
> program it should create a class diagram anyway, but maybe I fixed that
> after the release.
>
> Was it a paticular key that you pressed?
>
> A backtrace would be useful (when it crashed KCrash should let you click
> the backtrace tab and it would show you where it crashed) but I don't
> think Mandrake's KDE nor this Umbrello is compiled with debugging output.
>
> Is the problem repeatable?
>
> Thanks for taking the time to report it.
>
> Jonathan Riddell

Jens Krüger