[Uml-devel] Todo for stable release

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Sun Oct 20 13:20:01 UTC 2002

Am Sonntag, 20. Oktober 2002 21:09 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> > > I found the reason for a Mandrake 9.0:
> > > the uml.desktop file has to be installed under:
> > > /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Applications/Development/Tools
> >
> > Who maintains the Mandrake spec files? Could you please change the spec
> > files to handle this correctly? I think I will close the report, because
> > the solution is there!
>
> The solution isn't there, only the problem.  I have no idea how to get the
> Makefile.am files put the uml.desktop file in Mandrake's menu tree.  As I
> say, mandrake probably has some clever system for keeping all these things
> in sync.  I no longer use Mandrake so I can't really help.
>
> The spec file used is the same as for all other RPMs, uml.spec in CVS.

A possible solutions may given in the spec file itself. I had a deeper look
into the makefiles generated by autotools. There is a variable $kde_appslnk
which normally points to $prefix/share/applnk. If one sets this variable
outside the configure script to the needed value, then the variable contains
this value. If one adds inside the spec file in the prep section a check to
mandrake 9 one has a chance. Currently I have a running mandrake system so I
would try to implement this in the spec file and test it. Give me some days,
and you get an answer to this problem. Additionally I would change the
generation of the uml.spec file. I have used the following mechanism to hold
the spec file in sync to the configure.in.in file. I will do this in the next
time and you'll get a patch to test it.

Jens

> Jonathan Riddell

Jens Krüger