[Uml-devel] Todo for stable release

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Oct 19 19:11:03 UTC 2002

> I think development of this project is at the moment very fast. And if we
> don't bring out the 1.1 version in the next days, we will never do this
> because of all the ideas going around.
>
> So I want to ask all of you developers to stop adding new features for a
> couple of days and go back fixing the remaining bugs. In the tracker there
> are 5 bugs open:
>
> #461375
> > If you change label positions in associations and such, they are not saved
> > and thus restored later.
>
> That's true, but I think it is correct in the current way handled. If I have
> a look at Umbrello's own class diagram, it would be very confusing, if I can
> move one of the labels somewhere else. I would never find out to which
> assoc. the label belongs. On the other hand it would be cool to store a
> relative position of the label to the assoc. So if the assoc. gets moved,
> the label will also move but be in the same relative position to the assoc.
> But this is more a feature and so nothing for 1.1

That's too big a job for 1.1.  Next version.

> #622949
> > in activity diagrams you can have a transition from the start point to a
> > fork, but trying to make a transition from a join to the end activity
> > generates a "incorrect use of associaton" error.
>
> What are the UML gurus saying about it?

Hmm, should check.  I'm enclined to agree with Luis that it is a bug.

> #622989
> > when selecting an object, you have "delete" and "cut".  Besides the fact
> > that "cut" does not do anything visible, these two points should not be
> > there. I would prefer "cut", as it is clearer that it will be removed from
> > the diagram only (not from the model).  same behavior in the UML list of
> > objects, where "cut" and "delete" are present. However, there I would
> > prefer "delete".
>
> Ok, I think delete and cut is ok in the diagram. And delete is ok in the
> tree as well. The only thing to be done would be to remove the cut from the
> popup menu for the tree. Should I do it?

The clipboard is the major area that need looking at.

> #623399
> > Crash while creating new diagram
>
> This is a real bug. But I don't know how we can fix it because nobody of the
> developers seems to be able to reproduce it. Maybe we can use valgrind to
> find the bug, but this would mean to recompile qt without thread support and
> I can't download the source at the moment with my bad modem.
> Any ideas?

If we can't recreate it (and I couldn't using that RPM) it's kind of
difficult to do anything.

> #625050
> > a file, uml.desktop, was created in /usr/share/applnk/Development, but no
> > menu entry for the program. I don't know how to use this file in the KDE
> > menu config - any tips would be appreciated.
> >
> > in any event, simply running uml from the /usr/bin directory gives an
> > error message: "xlib:  extension "glx" missing on display ":0.0"
>
> I think the first part could be fixed by updating the spec files. The second
> is a problem with the user's XF86Config file. I think he has no entry for
> glx (opengl I think) in the XF86Config and maybe Qt is compiled with opengl
> support or something like this.

That's not a bug, it's just Mandrake being weird.

> So, are there any other known bugs we should have a look on before releasing
> the next version?

 - Couple of interface things especially in the code generation wizard.
 - A Version number of some sort for the file format
 - Sort out clipboard

Then a release candidate

 - update handbook
 - update other documentation files

And release.

I don't have a time table, the uni's having another power cut tomorrow,
I've got assigments coming up and I'm away to Brussels at the weekend but
as soon as possible.