[Uml-devel] serialization, properties and feature priorities

tomas.walch at se.transport.bombardier.com tomas.walch at se.transport.bombardier.com
Thu Oct 17 06:43:02 UTC 2002

>yeah... i thought so... their property model doesn't quite have enough to do
>what we'd need it to do. its close though :) if i ever find the time, i might
>do a little hacking on it to extend it for multiple and multiple ordered
>properties. then send it back to them.

I suspect we're not really thinking of the same thing. I'm not meaning we should
model the UML attributes as Qt properties of a "UML class"-class. A UML
attribute is its own class, and THAT classes members are Qt properties. Same for
the "UML class"-class; data members like a enum Visibility would be a Qt
property - relationships would be their own classes, with the class as parent
(which is a little troublesome for bidirectional associaltions, but aren't they
really two uni-directional associations anyway... just a thought...)

In any case, if you could point me to the UML standards where this attribute
thing is mentioned, it'd be great. It's a big document and you seem to have
grasped it somewhat.

/Tomas Walch