[Uml-devel] Patch implementing classifier scope

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Wed Oct 16 14:43:05 UTC 2002

Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 23:23 schrieb Luis De la Parra Blum:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 22:39, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > This is used in copy and paste I think.
>
> hmm.. I dont know how copy and paste is implemented, but the code is in the
> function serialize:
>
> bool UMLObject::serialize(QDataStream *s, bool archive) {
>
> is this function used both, for saving and cutting/pasting??
> what's going to happen when trying to import files version 4?? its going to
> call this function and the whole file is going to get out of syng...

Sorry Luis,
but the 'serialize' has to be written in all classes which are important for
the model. So every widget gets a data class which stores the model data.
Both data and widget has to serialize. Because all used UML classes in
Umbrello store different data we have to serialize all in different ways.
That why it is not so easy to add some new attributes into some classes. You
have always pay attention to the fact of serialisation and import of old
style format.