[Uml-devel] user story

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Tue Oct 15 09:16:03 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 11:04 am, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > anyway, while waiting to rebuild the cvs version, i've been casually
> > combing thru the uml standard (you know, for kicks). there's an excellent
> > section on the specification of stereotypes that shows just about what
> > visio does for stereotype specification.
>
> Do you have a URL for that uml standard document?  So were looking at the
> same thing.

sure... actually, there's really one primary access point to all the uml
stuff:

	http://www.omg.org/uml/

here's the uml catalog of specifcation

	http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/modeling_spec_catalog.htm

clicking on the current version link of each one will take you to a page that
lists the standard and all related documents (like idl or xmi or dtd's). the
standards are almost all pdf files. click on the file and it takes you to a
download page.

i'm putting off my takehome midterm for today to see how much of the standard
uml object model i can hack together. ideally, it would be a replacement for
the object model on which umbrello is currently based (umlobject et al.)
since it IS uml. side projects spawned of boredom and disinterest :)

oh. i think you may have been right about the object stuff. i don't see
anything that says you can have objects on your class diagrams, but that
doesn't make much sense. hmmm...

andy