[Uml-devel] Re: CVS developer access

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Oct 14 15:22:02 UTC 2002

> > That worked brilliantly.  How close do you think that is to being ready to
> > put in CVS?
> I'm ready to put it into the CVS. I put all changes in the current code
> without removing the clip functionality. So should it be possible to import
> the most of the old uml files down to version 4 (version 1-3 not included in
> the import code, I think this is not necessary).

It might be an idea to send it to the list as a patch again so we can all
make sure it works fine before you play with CVS.

> So we can also remove Luis'
> file convert utility for this reason. I added also the old style files in the
> filters in the open dialog.

Any views on this Luis?

> There are also some changes in the writing the XMI file. I think we should be
> compliant to the 1.2 specification of the XMI. There are some fix entries
> they should be changed in the version we put into the CVS. These entries are
> the user name and the email address of the user. We should add this
> information to the umbrello getting from the KDE and the mail setup. Has
> anybody an idea how this works?

We should use the file format as it stands for 1.1.  I'm wanting to add
stuff like the XML header and a file version number as well as an
exporter tag.

What's the reason for putting a username and e-mail address in the file?