[Uml-devel] Future features

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Oct 14 07:42:07 UTC 2002

> My suggested solutions is this:
> - Visualization info is saved into a separate file for each diagram
> - Model data info is saved in a separate file for each package
> - A project file is used to keep track of the included files. (like so many
> IDE:s)

i proposed something like this a while ago :) minus the collaborative aspects
of the file structure. i definitely agree that that model and visualization
settings need to be separate. splitting by package could prove to be very
useful as well. i think you can use XMI.import tags to represent the
importation of other XMI files in a "master file". anyway, XMI support needs
to be pure XMI and not contain viz info.

I think this may be a problem because the file format changed (relatively)
recently and another change this soon would make it pretty annoying to users.
it might be nice to sit down and design a real solution for standards
compliant, highly extensible and collaborative model development.

andy