[Uml-devel] Bug reports

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Oct 10 06:55:03 UTC 2002

> I am using Umbrello quite a lot these days, and I have my little piece
> of paper always ready to scribble down what I see (bugs, enhancements, etc).
> My question is simple: shall I put these in the bug report system at sf
> ? I have written them here, so you may tell me if it's worth the trouble
> to go ahead reporting bugs.

This is all great stuff and will keep us busy I'm sure.

I too find the sourceforge bug tracker a bit of a fiddle to use but it
does offer various abilities which might mean things are kept more tidy
than scribbled notes.  I keep my scribbles notes at uml.sf.net/todo.php
and I'll put these there, but if you're in a good mood you could submit
them to the tracker (and if you're feeling really useful you could ste
them priority 6 if it's for version 1.1 and priority 4 for stuff more
likely to be after that).

> My concerns are that they are things in the current CVS (I build it
> every second day or so), so maybe not very appropriate for the bug
> report as it will be difficult to reproduce if the source I have used is
> not exactly the same as yours.

Current CVS is what is most appropriate, with discretion of course
(importing old styles files is not worth formally reporting bugs about
yet).