[Uml-devel] XMI reading (fwd)

Egon Willighagen egonw at sci.kun.nl
Sat Oct 5 06:03:05 UTC 2002

On Saturday 05 October 2002 14:30, Jens Krüger wrote:
> I have a question to your file. How did you create this file? I find the
> reason for the crash but it makes no sense for me to create the missed
> item, if you not know what type of listitem you have to create.

Ok, can you be a bit more specific? The XMI dtd is very, very flexible and
allows for almost no information... I guess that read <UML.*> objects should
automatically be added to the list... and the element name tells you what
kind of object you are dealing with. Like <UML.Class> is a class... ;) Not
sure what the name is in Umbrello...

> But you are
> right, the umbrello should not crash in this case. It should handle
> corrupted files in a non-crashing way.

Yes, it could better give an informative error...
The file was made with that JavaDoc Doclet that I am writing... It is not
finished yet, but you can download it from:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cdk/cdk/reports/javadoc/source/

Egon