[Uml-devel] what needs to be done before 1.1?

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Sat Nov 30 09:29:02 UTC 2002

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [021130 18:24]:

> > The documentation would need a little bit longer, because I'm still not sure
> > how to do it. Because now KDE stores the doc in xml and not docbook (xml is
> > stricter than docbook, but both are of course sgml).
>
> What's changed?  Docbook is an XML language (it's also an SGML language
> but SGML is just plain nasty).  If it's not stored in docbook what
> XML language is it stored in?
>
> > At the moment I was able to transform the documentation into xml and to a
> > pot file. It is also possible to translate it into a languagre (e.g. de.po)
> > and to extract from the po files the xml stuff again.
> >
> > But I wasn't able to figure out how to install these *.xml files. They get
> > copied to the kde doc directory, but khelpcenter doesn't load the handbook.
> > It just isn't aware of the xml files. So I'm now contacting the German KDE
> > translators over their mailing lists so maybe they can help me a little bit
> > more.
>
> Looking at the dutch i18n package I can only see *.docbook files which
> appear as diff style files.

Yes, it seems the translation howto isn't really clear at this point. In
fact the docbook files haven't to be converted. But I will tell the whole
story if I understood it.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954