[Uml-devel] CVS build problem

Tsuraan grovenjl at rose-hulman.edu
Fri Nov 29 14:28:02 UTC 2002

I figured out what the problem was, and I hacked a work-around for it, but
it's really ugly and I'd love to see a better way to go about this.  The main
problem is that the last thing in configure.in looks like this:

AC_OUTPUT( \
./Makefile \
doc/Makefile \
doc/en/Makefile \
doc/en/pics/Makefile \
po/Makefile \
uml/Makefile \
uml/classparser/Makefile \
uml/clipboard/Makefile \
uml/codegenerators/Makefile \
uml/dialogs/Makefile \
uml/headings/Makefile \
uml/pics/Makefile \
)

But the version of autoconf that I have doesn't specify an AC_OUTPUT function
that knows how to deal with 12 arguments.  It can deal with 1, 2, or 3 args.
So, in the configure.in.in, I added a seperate AC_OUTPUT function for each of
the makefiles, right under the AC_OUTPUT(uml.spec), and then I modified the
admin/Makefile.common so that it chops off the bottom lines of the
configure.in file to get rid of the above stuff.  It's really ugly, but it
works, and I really don't know how to do the m4 scripting stuff, so that's
the best I could do :)

I could also try downgrading, if that's still necessary, but since I'm using
debian, that might be a real pain.  If this stuff is informative, I won't go
through with that.