[Uml-devel] German translation -> to all Sauerkrauts ;-)

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 14:33:09 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 23:13, Jens Krüger wrote:
> > -msgstr "Geben sie den Namen der neuen AktivitÀt ein!"
> > +msgstr "Geben Sie den Namen der neuen AktivitÀt ein!"
>
> In many Applications you find "Sie" instead of "sie". I think the most of
> the user consider the computer as a man and they talk to it. I think we
> should use "Sie".

I'm not sure if I understand you,
but I dont think you are talking to the computer... the computer is the one
talking to you, and that is why the computer tell you to enter a name (Geben
Sie einen Namen: )

> > I agree to translate it, but is there a good German translation for
> > Fork/Join?
>
> In the TUMLUG you may find "Aufspaltung/ZusammenfÃŒhrung".

hmm..... this might be the correct german word, but I think as a computer term
it is fine if we leave it fork / join

luis