[Uml-devel] German translation -> to all Sauerkrauts ;-)

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 13:50:03 UTC 2002

> -msgstr "Geben sie den Namen der neuen AktivitÀt ein!"
> +msgstr "Geben Sie den Namen der neuen AktivitÀt ein!"
>
> A capital letter would mean to do it everywhere in the dialogs like this.
> And an app is not a letter. So I don't like the idea. What does a German
> translation style guide say?

hmm... I dont understand this... the only difference I see is "sie" vs "Sie",
and it should of course be "Sie".

> -msgstr "Vererbung"
> +msgstr "Verallgemeinerung"

I've alawys seen Vererbung in computer books.

> -msgstr "&Use Case-Diagramm"
> +msgstr "&Anwendungsfalldiagramm"

Anwendungsfalldiagramm -- I have seen several UML books in german and most
(all??) use this term. I guess people would understand it if you say
Use-Case, but I have always seen it translated.

> -msgstr "Branch/Merge"
> +msgstr "Verzweigung/ZusammenfÃŒhrung"

In "Objektorientierte Softwareentwicklung" the author uses the translations
(Verzweigung..) but I think the english names could also work since this is
not so UML-specific and everyone would understand it.
I am for the translation, but I wont say anything if someone insists on using
english

> Fork/Join?

hm... this one is difficult.
I guess we can leave it like that