[Uml-devel] Before releasing umbrello 1.1...

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Nov 24 05:12:06 UTC 2002

> Hhm, but it is another problem. If we created an UML app called Irrational,
> we could be blamed by Rational. But I checked google and other ressources
> and there is no PC software called Umbrello. So we have now the oldest
> rights.

Being oldest doesn't mean anything unless it's a trade mark (the
situation seems to be different in Germany).  I think I'd rather live with
the tiny possibility of someone desperatly wanting the name more than us
than have to put TM after any use of Umbrello.  And I'm certainly not
going to register the trade mark in all the countries of the world.