[Uml-devel] Re: Sequence and Collaboration Diagams

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Thu Nov 21 12:18:31 UTC 2002

> > 1.  Sequence Diagrams - When I make associations from one class to
> > another, It appears that the logic between objects and associations is
> > backwards...

As far as I remember this bug was already known, and Jonathan fixed it a while
ago... maybe it didnt make it into the beta2,  but I'm pretty sure it is
fixed now. If you dont want to install from sources, there is now an RPM for
RC1.

> > 2.  Collaboration Diagram - After I assign an association between 2
> > objects, I right click and select "Select Operation" and Umbrello
> > crashes.

this should be fixed in RC1 as well. please update and make sure to let us
know if you still have any problems with it.

> > When Generating a class from Code, it would be nice if the initial values
> > for variables would be included into the model.

hmm..... I think this wouldnt be so easy...
you mean the initialization list from the constructor?  The problem would be
if you have more than one constructor...
right now Umbrello creates an "init" function to set the parameters to its
initial value, and you have to call this function from your constructor, but
ok, we can think about how we can implement such a thing,

but this will not make it for 1.1, that's for sure... hopefully for next
relesase the whole parsing code will be greatly improved, and there will be
support for other languages as well.

regards,

luis