[Uml-devel] [ uml-Bugs-641322 ] Time line in a sequence diagram do not e

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 20 17:38:02 UTC 2002

noreply at sourceforge.net wrote:

>Initial Comment:
>All is said in the title. I do not manage to make the timelines
>expand and thus I can not place a lot of messages on a
>sequence diagram as I soon run out of available place.
>
>Or maybe it is me who is unskilled at making it expanding. I
>looked into the documention but I found nothing to help me.

No, it is difficult. But there is a simple trick to make it much easier:
select the object for which you want to extend the life line, select
"Properties..." from the right-mouse-button popup menu, and then select
"Show deconstruction". Then at least, you get a little square which is
easy to use to extend the life time lines of the object.

--Pascal