[Uml-devel] German translation -> to all Sauerkrauts ;-)

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 20 17:03:06 UTC 2002

Luis De la Parra Blum wrote:

>>Feature request: it would be nice if one could use the English terms
>>although the default language is configured to be German.
>>

>this is not possible.
>The current i18n infrastructure in KDE is an "all or nothing".. ie, you cannot
>translate just "parts" of the application.
>The only option would be to translate only the User Interface into german and
>leave all UML names in english, but so far all the books I've seen in german
>translate the UML terms as well... so I think we should also do it.

There would be a method: what it there now is a translation to 'de',
default (in source) is 'en-US' and the version with UML names in English
but GUI in German could be something like 'de-UML'. That would meant an
entire new .po file.
However, I don't see how the user can select this variant of German (or
any other language for that matter).

--Pascal