[Uml-devel] Newbie comments

Tsuraan grovenjl at rose-hulman.edu
Sat Nov 16 06:24:01 UTC 2002

> I don't quite understnad your overloaded operator query.  Do you mean that
> if class A has method foo() and class B inherits from A and re-implements
> foo() then it doesn't get imported?  In my testing just now it does.

Not quite.  I haven't tested this for any other operators, but I overload the
operator() and operator[] for a project that I'm working on (it needs smart
arrays, and it likes functors).  When I imported classes that overload those
operators, the object properties do not show any member functions, other than
the constructors.

> How did you install Umbrello, was it a prebuilt package or did you compile
> from source.  If you compiled it yourself where did you install it and
> does KDE know about it?
>
> Unfortunatly help isn't working at all on my custom built KDE install.
> Can anyone else report success or failure with this?

It was compiled from source, using the debian KDE3 prerelease packages.  I
haven't actually run KDE3, so I somehow doubt that it is aware of Umbrello.
I did set the KDEDIRS variable, which gave me buttons, but still no user
guide.

It installed to /usr/local/kde/bin, which is not where my kde lives.  Is that
likely to be a problem?

--jay