[Uml-devel] Re: Umbrello design (was UML XML tree viewer)

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 11 00:08:03 UTC 2002

Andrew Sutton wrote:

>interesting. i haven't heard of the composite pattern - i don't think. good
>idea though. maybe we should use it as that. so how, then, would the
>UML::Geometry attribute apply? does a geometry define an alternative
>representation (as opposed to the default presentation element)?

In case you are interested in software patterns, I would highly
recommend the book "Design Patterns" by the Gang of Four', namely Erich
Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson and John Vlissides. Maybe you have it
in a library near you.

Also, I'm getting way lost in this MOF/UML/XMI stuff. I'll have to read
some doc about this...

--Pascal