[Uml-devel] Q: lines, associations ?

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Thu Nov 7 07:44:04 UTC 2002

> Background: I tried to redraw Andrew Suttons drawings using umbrello.

visio 2002 is (despite being a M$ product) actually a superb application. if
you guys ever get the chance to play with it, test its UML capabilities. it
sets bar we should aim for in a uml modeling application. at visual
representation, there is none better.

however, its just a modeling tool. we need to be better because we're building
a CASE (Computer Aided Software Engineering) tool.

in fact... i think there needs to be a family of case tools. we're working on
uml. we need requirements tools. we need testing tools. we need metric
collection tools and databases. we need to redefine what it means to write
code. yeah. YEAH! it's a revolution.

well, okay. not yet. but its something to aim for. how good would open source
development look if we had a professional - truly professional - integrated
software engineering application suite that covered all stages of process,
development, project administration, planning, estimation, testing, what have
you. all tied together - and collaborative. yeah, collaborative, that's a
keyword these days.

its a goal. whose excited? =)